Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dudely Thoughts

It all started when I bought a new rug for my living room for a Christmas present to me. I found it and I just loved it. It made the whole room look great. I even found myself saying "It really pulls the room together."

Then a friend invited me to an "After the holidays Big Lebowski" themed party. But the event got canceled due to weather, so we all had to just "abide" and reschedule. Bummer Dude. Was really looking forward to it. I'd seen the movie a couple of times. The first time, I wasn't impressed. Which I guess is a common take for first timers. Then after having watching it a few more times, and pondering themes and symbols in it, I started to really groove on the Inner Meanings of the movie. The Dude has a lot going on that I can respect, know what I mean?

Then a friend asked me if I was ordained as a minister to do Earthen weddings. Well, no, I wasn't, but had always thought about it. It was like a bunch of freaking SIGNS. 

So on January 1, 2015 the first thing I did when I went online that day was to surf to www.themonsastery.org to become an insta-minister for such things. I even ordered my Ordination Credentials.
 
But wait, there's more. I didn't stop there. I went over to www.Dudeism.com and went and became a "Dudeist Priest" there as well. Because, well, I do a lot of programs for several Unitarian Universalist Churches, and I really love Theology. I'm growing and changing. I'm trying to be laid back more and more all the time. I feel like I'm a pretty kewl person, and tolerant of most people and cultures. And of course, my rug really pulled the room all together, so it was like yet another sign. 
Sent for those Ordination Credentials too.

Felt pretty damn good about it, so I kicked back and waited.

Waiting is good for the Soul.
People have often told me that I'm not a patient person. But really, man, if you only knew how fucking patient I truly am, you would know that I'm pretty fucking amazing patient, because when people cross the line on me, I usually cut them out breaks for a long time, you know? Then when I finally loose my kewl, they say that I was impatient. Oh hell no. I've just gotten to the point where they need to be in the world of pain that they created in my world. It's only fair, Dude. You pissed on my rug, then I will piss on yours.

Anyways, while I was kicking back, enjoying some greenery, hanging out having some Butter Beer (hey, I was in Florida at Universal so, I discovered that Butter Beer with a rum kick is the next best thing to a White Russian...) 

I realized something really friggin' important.

Like Dude, I know I've always been different than other people. See, I ponder shit that most other folks don't. Like what is God like, are Angels actually our Higher Self, did ancient cultures have aliens and influence evolution. Shit like that and more. I told someone the other day "I wonder psychologically about you."

Well, I do. I wonder about him, and I wonder about you, and I wonder about my family members, my co-workers,  the World, the Universe, myself, and even my dog,  and I wonder why the fuck they (we) all do the shit we do.

Don't you?

Like why do some folks profess one thing and then do another just the opposite?
That one has me baffled the most of all in my life and I'm still trying to get a daily handle on it.

Like, I tried to figure out my friend who cried all day in a dark room on a gorgeous day with friends all around to play with, and when asked "What's wrong?" many times, she just sniffled and wiped tears and said she was "Fine."
"Are you sick?? Can we do anything for you??"
"No, I'm fine."
"OK then, but I'm pretty sure you aren't fine, but if you say so...." And she said she was, and I asked repeatedly, then I figured she was just working something out, so I left her to her tears just like she wished.

Or like, I try to figure out someone at work that I know, who reads and professes all kinds of Alternative Energy Healing with Crystals and Angels and Positive Affirmation, but who absolutely hates everyone she comes into contact with and won't talk to them or have conversations with them.

It kind of all blows my fucking mind.

Now, I'm not saying I'm perfect here, Dude, cuz I'm NOT.
I'm a mess of conundrums myself. I had a long conversation with my husband yesterday, and said about myself, "I just think about philosophical shit all the fucking time. Like, don't YOU?"

And he said, like, he didn't. He likes to ponder schematics instead. OK, well, that's like some sort of Sacred Geometry in my mind. But then I went on about another friend that is an enigma to me, "Like why would someone enjoy playing a part, loving a subject totally, then tell you they don't believe in it, and don't think about it? I mean, Dude, like, by association, if some person loved drawing engines, for instance, and he thought about gears and shit all the time, and he could tell you all about the working mechanics of a machine...then told you, after all that... they tell you that they think it's all crap and they don't believe the thing works...doesn't that prove that they really DO believe in it, regardless of what they say?!"

"Most people are into their TV and surfing the web. They don't think about this. You are in the low minority, Dude" is what my husband said.

"But Dude, I think people are EVOLVING. But yah, there are others standing still or devolving, I guess..." I pondered outloud.

I had a dream last night about another friend of mine. A very kewl harper. He's pretty laid back and a Dudeist Priest too, even if he doesn't have the kewl documentation, he IS one. For REAL.
In my dream, he had on antlers and was dressed like some sort of Mystic Horned God with jewels and held my hand and said he was "going into my psyche to help me "find out what you remember."

Kewl beans. I was excited! For I dearly want to know- what I know- that I'm not telling myself.

The Mystic did some sort of deep Vulcan mind meld and then handed me back my hand with a sad shake of his head and said, "You are blocked from knowing" and he then curled up into his Dark Crystal kneeling prayer stance and went back into his meditation.

Well, shit. I was kinda hoping that I'd get some word from me -through him- as to why the fuck I keep thinking these Great Philosophical Questions. I mean, I'm just bizarre as shit like this and now, I see it goes Bone Deep. Or Pysche Deep and most people think I'm fucked up. While I think they may be fucked because they can't hear it, feel it or try to live it.

I also had some real time conversations with two other friends over the weekend, and they both said that they "don't think about any of this shit. Like what the Meaning of Life is, or what their particular Life Purpose is, or what they should do with their year ahead or even How they Affect the Planet or the Universe."

I was crestfallen.
Really???
I thought everyone thinks about this shit. They don't????
They just turn the station up louder when this crap hits their cranium?

Or even weirder....How the hell have I become associated with people who are so dead inside to all this profound shit???
Why are they my friends? I don't get them, and obviously, they don't "get me."
So "shut the fuck up, Donny."


I can't fucking tune it out. It's too loud already.

So, I'm just trying to kick back and listen and go with the flow and keep thinking these Profound Thoughts and keep doing my Deep Analyzing, like some sort of Cosmic Detective, because, well, when it comes down to it,
and I really need to keep being myself. Whoever the fuck that is.
Even if I am one of the weirdest creatures I know of.

Maybe some Credence will help.
Click here to listen to some Creedence, Dude.

Catch ya on down the road.....

No comments: